Heart Chat Bubble Dipped in Chocolate: DIY Gingerbread- House

Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2014

DIY Gingerbread- House

Hi lovelies!
Omg it's only one more days until Christmas Eve! Are you in Christmas mood?
This year December was stressful for me so I couldn't enjoy Advent season as much as a normally do but on Sunday I finally had some time and I took the chance to make a gingerbread house (✿◠‿◠)

 
It is completely made from scratch. I didn't use any instructions. I even did the measurements and stuff myself. It turned out a bit crooked but that's its personal charm (・ェ-)

The recipe I used: 
250g cane sugar
3 tablespoons honey
3 eggs
gingerbread spices
345 g flour
baking soda

The pieces: I drew them on paper and cut them out with a knife. You will need two rectangles with a triangle on top, two rectangles for the sides and two rectangles (in my case squares) for the roof. I also cut out smaller pieces for decoration.

Measurements:


Keep in mind that the gingerbread extends when you bake it in the oven. One of my pieces extended more than the other so I had to cut it a bit in the end (=ω=;)


The icing: Milk + powdered sugar. Just use very few milk and add sugar until the mixture is viscous. A bit like honey.





 Putting together and decorating: I don't have any work in progress picture here as it was quite messy work. Just decorate it with any candy you like and make it your own. The whole decorating took me about two hours.

Well and that's it! ヽ(๏∀๏ )ノ
Will you make one?
Tell me in the comments!

1 Kommentar: